What Does the JCC Have to Offer Age 60+?
Senior adults have always played a special and important role in the Scranton JCC community. Our Senior Adult programs provide an atmosphere for a great bunch of friendly, active, on-the-go folks over 60! There are many opportunities for seniors to remain active at the JCC, including exercise and wellness programs, entertainment, socials, guest speakers, discussion groups, responsible care, movies, informal socializing, cards, Mah Jongg and board games. In addition, informal socializing at the Senior Café!
Senior Center at the JCC
The Jewish Community Center Senior Center, funded under a contract with the Pennsylvania Department of Aging and the Lackawanna County Board of Commissioners through the Lackawanna county Area Agency on Aging, offers a variety of programs available five days per week to all Lackawanna County Residents ages 60 years and older.
- Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
The JCC, in partnership with the Lackawanna County Area Agency on Aging, is proud to offer Congregate Meals to all Lackawanna County residents ages 60 and older. A free-will donation of $2.00 for each meal is suggested.
- Kosher lunch is served weekly on Mondays, Wednesday and Thursdays at 12:00 pm offering a hot meal or salad/sandwich alternate
Programs and Activities
- Interesting topics presented by knowledgeable speakers
- Healthcare tips – Weekly Parsha
- Arts and Crafts / Trips
- Lunchtime Activities
- Community holiday celebrations and special events
- Instruction and friendly games of Mah Jongg, Rummikub and Scrabble
- iPad Clinic / Library
- Oil Painting Class
- Book Club
Arthritis Water Exercise Class
- Work through a wide variety of exercises designed to increase flexibility, range of motion and strength
- Must pre-register with the JCC Aquatics Director at 570-346-6595 ext. 117
- Monday | Wednesday | Friday 11:00 am – 11:45 am
- Suggested donation of $2.00 per class
- The JCC is proud to participate in Silver Sneakers! See if you are eligible to participate.
- Zumba Gold, Healthy Steps, Movement, Silver & Fit and Senior Chair Yoga
- Senior Strength and Flexibility-partnership with the University of Scranton
The pool and exercise schedule and monthly lunch menu can be found in our JCC NEWS .
JCC Senior Adult Membership is only $100 per year
Senior Membership to the JCC offers you recreational activities, personal enrichment classes and a limited health & fitness package that includes:
- Use of fitness center & pool Monday | Wednesday | Friday from 10:00 am -12:00 pm
- A variety of exercise classes specifically designed for seniors-free to senior members
- Discounts on great trips such as Te Sands Casino, Hunterdon Playhouse, Villa Roma Resort in the Catskill Mountains, Broadway, McDade Park and Camp Daleville
- JCC Cafe at the J: Monday | Wednesday | Friday 9:30 am – 11:00 am.
JCC Senior Adult Membership is only $100.00 per year. Click here for other membership options.